Monday, May 9, 2011

Inspired by Mrs. Elliot

After reviewing my eating habits, and looking at the foods I was putting into my body, and expecting to keep a nice figure, I realized it was time for a change. This change will be a test of not only self determination, but also discipline. Will I have the strength to walk away from junk food during lunch, that soda or Starbucks when I am out and about. Will I be able to drink the 2.4 Liters of water daily and eat vegetables and ugh fruit. (Just an FYI, I hate fruit.) I am going to try, from now until May 25, 2011, I will be a vegetarian, I will cut back on sweets and Carbohydrates I will not drink anything but water, and 100% Fruit smoothies. 

I am doing this to see if I have enough self discipline to be able to change my eating habits. Thankfully, I am not doing this alone. I have my wonderful boyfriend doing this with me. I was inspired to created this blog to document my thoughts, feelings and to share recipes who knows, maybe if someone reads this, what I have to say might help them, if it does, then this who thing was worth it. :) I will be documenting daily on how I feel, what I think, what foods I crave and what foods seem repulsive, in the end, I hope that this will help create healthy eating habits that will last a life time. 
 
My inspiration to create this blog came from my English Teacher, she has a blog, and she asked her students to create team blogs, I have experienced that these team blogs are a good way to vent and share your thoughts with people. Thank You Mrs. Elliot. So I decided to post and blog my experience in the hopes that some where some how some one benefits by it. 

If you want to follow me, I will be updating daily.
The website is http://www.veggieheads18.blogspot.com/

Mariah

17 comments:

  1. Mariah,
    Im glad that you have created your own blog and I hope you continue to find joy in blogging every day. I wanted to comment on your blog and agree with how Mrs. Elliott is an inspiration. Throughout this year, I believe she has inspired us all to work hard and even if we do fail, to always get back up and try again. I was so blessed to be able to have her as an Enlgish teacher and I will never forget the impact she had on me.

    Joel B. (Dragonfist Bandits)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joel, I really appreciate her class, it has taught me more things than all of my other english classes together, not just about literature, but about life, about what we will be getting our selves into as we venture into society thanks for reading
    :) Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am so proud of you but...HOW COULD YOU HATE FRUIT!?!?!?! =P but good luck! and I will be checking in on you every now and then =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Derek, all I have to say about the whole fruit thing is well I love the flavor, but hate the texture. :( I really wished I loved fruit and craved it, but truth is sugary goodness and a juicy steak are what is normally on my menus lol not the healthiest foods I might say, but I am determined to finish this well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really exciting that you decided to create a blog! I have always wanted to, but I always know in the back of my head that I will simply be too lazy to keep up with it everyday. I mean when facebook looks so appealing, I simply have no motivation to blog for those one or two followers. However I plan this summer to start one and perhaps be as dedicated as possible to it. You are testing your self discipline with your eating habits, and I will test mine with this blog. Best wishes to your blog and your new (miserable) diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really good and I'm happy that you're willing to do this because this takes a lot of determination for the diet as well aa blogging daily. I am excited to read some of the recipies you decide to share with everyone. :)
    -Pavneet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Impressed dieting seems like it would be an almost impossible task to do, good luck with it all!
    -Jake K

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I am excited by the motivation people are beginning to have to create a blog, and obviously happy that you are trying to do something healthy for your body. I wanted to comment on the fact that I immediately came to read your blog after reading Jacy's, who made a note of this one. That, in some cases, was the point to having us blog, seeing the connection between people and opening us to new ideas and forms of communication. So I also want to thank Mrs. Elliott for showing us how this works.
    -Taylor C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im glad you got inspired my Mrs.elliott to take this journey. goodluck with everything ! yay for health :)
    -angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacy Good Luck with your blog I will follow yours then there will be 3 or 4 followers :P and asfor the diet, man its hard to watch my family eat dinner lol :P

    Taylor, I agree I think itis really cool how Mrs. Elliot has connect all of her english classes through blogging, we're creating connections to people I would have nevergotten to know otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job Mariah :) So far fromwhat you have told me, it sounds like you are doing great! It is inspirational to know you are doing this (and I know you can!) Just keep up your determination and good luck!

    -Amanda C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Amanda that means alot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. girrrrl I have been on weight watchers since I came outta the womb! The only thing that keeps me motivated in the surprisngly tasty diet bars and looking at pictures of skinny girls on the beach. As long as you have a goal in mind, an ambition to keep you motivated, and the willpower to endure the heart wrenching trips to buffets (oh limiting yourself is the worst!)then you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha Thank you Jacy and diet bars? tasty? really? hmmmm i will have to look into them and I have some bomb recipes that are healthy. I am starting to share some on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great courage in you, young patawan..
    I know you will have obstacles along the way but push through them towards the goal! Good luck!

    CamT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck!! :)
    And it's great that you've created your own blog to keep a record of it.
    I also think that Mrs. Elliott really is inspirational :)

    -Susan Y.

    ReplyDelete