Monday, May 16, 2011

Letter to a Place

Dear parking lot,
            We have had some good times and great times, along with our share of bad times. I am graduating soon, so these are going to be the last few times that i will see you. Well actually it is the last time you will see any of my class. Don't worry, a new class of drivers will replace us next year. The thing i will miss most of all are all the kids and their parents not knowing how to drive in a parking lot. On top of that everyone thinks they don't have to follow rules and that they are right even when they are in the wrong.
            My favorite example of this was last week when some guy got mad because there was a long line at the stop sign by the basketball courts. You know the one, in the center of you by the gate. Well on this particular day the security didnt open the top gate... again. Consequently, the stop signs were jammed up. this guy in a big lifted truck, thanks to his small man syndrum, desides to drive on the left side of the road right when im about to turn onto it. He didn't realize it was me in the car. Big mistake! So I jam myself right in front of him to the point where neither of us could move. Despite that he knows he is on the wrong side of the road, he honks at me and gives me a retarded look. This is when I take the high road, because of security even though they ended up not doing anything about this, and sarcastically tell the guy that "There is a right side and a worng side of the road. And you're on the wrong side." so he waits about 2 minutes and then manages to shmeagle his way back into the right lane. Idiotic Drivers: 0  Me: 1 
             Well we have had countless experiences together, and they will always be remembered.
Sincerly,
               Luc

5 comments:

  1. Along with you, I too have a favorite place on campus, the planter. I will honestly miss some aspects of Los Osos high School although I could not wait to leave!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your favorite place was the parking lot, even though I was frustrated most of the time there I can get where you are coming from. My favorite place has and will always be the theater.
    -Keana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, parking lot! Even though I never got to drive my own car to drive myself to school, I'll always remember it crowded and filled with cars and cars, with frustrated students and parents who try to get out of there!
    -Chloe K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWesome! This post is perfect for the drivers of OSos. Parking has a lot of memories and they can't ever be replaced. Goodbye old friend. Awesome post again.
    -Joey

    ReplyDelete
  5. The parking lot was also very frustrating while everyone got out of school! I will be happy next year when I dont need a car, but I probably will experience the same traffic on bikes haha.
    Andrew V

    ReplyDelete